Start New List
Some basic rules and guidelines:
- Lists started from this page must be in English (but links to foreign language websites are permitted).
- Lists must be useful and/or interesting to people other than the list creator (or those who know the list creator personally) i.e. no self indulgent junk lists e.g. personal top 10 lists.
- Do not create redundant lists i.e. lists which are identical (or very similar) in meaning, to pre-existing lists. Redundant lists could be created by mistake; in which case the list would be removed but its content would be merged with the older list (with list entry contribution recognition carried over).
- Do not submit links which are irrelevant to the list.
- When creating a list, please try to make its relevance as long term as practically possible. For example, a 'list of US senators elected in 2008' would be preferable to a 'list of current US senators'.
- Please minimise the use of opinionated language and don't assert theories or opinions as facts, in the title or descriptions.
- Lists of and links to illegal, dangerous or adult content are forbidden.
- Spamming is forbidden (but submitting the same link to multiple lists can be okay if the link is relevant to each of those lists).
- A user may not start more than 25 lists per day, or submit more than 500 list entries per day.
- Do not start lists which would become excessively large if completed.